Tooth decay or dental decay is one of the most common and the most prevalent oral diseases. This can happen to anyone- children or adults. No matter the intensity, it is one of the most common reversible diseases as well. Tooth decay begins once your dental enamel starts to erode away, which can further lead to holes in your teeth. These holes are known as cavities commonly. If this problem is left unattended and untreated, the problem of cavities can worsen up and can lead to the compromise of your entire dental structure. This can also result in the spreading of infection so bad that it could result in damaging effects on your gums, your roots, and to your internal bone structure. This can also lead to a significant loss your dental tooth structure.
Tooth decay can be prevented with the help of certain simple, easy and affordable ways. Here are certain ways to ensure, this problem does not lead to damaging effects for you:
- You must make this a habit of brushing your teeth twice every day. Never underestimate the power and the significance of cleaning every single day. This step must never be overlooked. Brushing every day, once in the morning and then once before you go to sleep can lead to the prevention of not just tooth decay, but also major other infections and dental diseases.
- Brushing is not just the only way to ensure your teeth are saved. You must also floss them daily. With the help of floss, you can easily reach problematic areas and would be able to remove plaque and other food debris which brushing alone cannot remove. This can lead to safeguarding your gums.
- You must make sure that you either completely stop or you lower your sugar intake level. And not just sugar, starchy food items as well. The sugary and starchy food items can react in negative ways in your mouth which can cause major levels of tooth decay. These reactions can lead to eroding your dental enamel away as well, if not controlled. Without the protective layer, your teeth are in a very vulnerable situation.
- You must always add a boost to your existing oral health maintenance routine with the help of mouthwash. Using an antibacterial mouthwash in wishing motions can do wonders for your dental health.
- You can also incorporate a fluoride toothpaste in your dental maintenance routine to ensure that your dental enamel is always protected against tooth decay.
- Once your teeth are clean and your mouth too, most people out of you would forget to brush your tongue. Never neglect your tongue. The tongue is home to millions or even billions of bacteria. It is said there are more bacteria on your tongue than the total population of the world. With the help of a tongue cleaner, you must make sure that these harmful bacteria are not degrading your dental health in any way.