Tooth loss is never a pleasant experience for any patient; its restoration should also not be troublesome and uncomfortable. To those who had experienced tooth loss first hand, we know how it can affect their daily lives. Gaps left in the mouth not only makes them feel uneasy, but it also affects how they see themselves, their ability to speak or chew properly, and their overall wellness.
Thankfully, with the continuous advancements in dental technology, various options are made available to cater to the certain needs of patients effectively. Besides the usual go-to treatment for missing teeth – traditional dentures, our practice at Sunny Isles Dental also gives patients the option for dental implants. To make it clear for everyone, dental implants are not teeth, rather these are screw-like devices made of titanium. The purpose of the treatment is to restore not only the lost structures above the gum line but underneath as well.
That is actually just one reason that makes the treatment stand-out compared to its other restorative counterparts. Other reasons are as follows:
- Dental implant restorations become like a natural part of the mouth. The screw-like device is placed securely on the jawbone through a surgical process.
- The implant post serves to restore the root portion of a tooth. Its job is to stimulate the bone and gums like when there is a natural tooth in place. The purpose of this is to prevent the occurrence of bone deterioration and gum recession that can lead to more tooth loss.
- Implants eliminate the usual worries about the traditional approach for teeth replacement which can be unstable.
- Patients can enjoy eating the foods they love without any worries for slipping and breaking dental appliance.
- The placement of dental implants does not require any teeth preparation (removal of the enamel) to make way for dental prostheses. The implants are placed on the gapped sites instead of over the healthy teeth structures.
- It has success rates of over 90%, so dental implant patients are assured that it is the ideal solution for their tooth loss needs.
To ensure dental implant restorations would last long, aside from practising adequate dental hygiene habits, make sure to schedule regular dental checkups. Our dentist at Sunny Isles Dental can perform proper oral maintenance to secure the health of one’s teeth and dental restorations.
Aiming to restore your teeth to as natural as it was before? Contact us to learn more about Dental Implants in Sunny Isles Beach, FL, or to schedule your appointment with Sunny Isles Dental.