There are dental cases that require the immediate help of the professionals who can address urgent issues pertaining to our oral health. These can be considered as dental emergencies. Here at Sunny Isles Dental, you have nothing to worry, you can feel free to call us and we will be happy to attend to your needs no matter the time and day, because your oral health is important to us.
Dental emergency is used to describe a situation involving teeth and surrounding tissues that is considered of high importance to be treated by an expert or professional. Dental emergencies do not necessarily involve pain, although this could be a sign that something needs immediate attention. Various emergencies exist and each of them requires individual and unique treatment depending on the extent of the problem.
How a patient defines dental emergency also vary on how soon he or she needs to get the treatment done, as there are some who do not have the sense of urgency to get the treatment they need or sometimes delay it for a couple of reasons.
What are the instances that we consider as dental emergencies?
- Pulpitis or the infection of the pulp or nerve of the tooth
- Gum abscesses or collection of pus caused by infection
- Swelling and bleeding
- Broken or missing tooth
- Pain on biting
- Pericoronitis or inflammation around an erupting wisdom tooth
- Trauma on tooth due to accident
Since dental emergencies can range from minor to life threatening, when you suffer an injury affecting your teeth and gums, it is imperative that you contact your dentist right away. But it is also equally important to know first what causes dental emergencies are,to know how you can avoid them.
- Severe cavity – A root canal is normally needed if you suffer from a severe tooth decay. Many root canals result from untreated tooth decay, and if it is not treated by a dentist, it will infect the inner tooth pulp.To avoid getting to a serious condition such as this one, make sure that you brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste and make regular visits to your dentist for checkups and teeth cleanings.
- Chipped tooth – a chipped, knocked out or broken tooth is one of the most common dental emergencies. There are already a lot of available solutions today, but these are not all about cosmetic problems, they are also considered as oral health risks.To prevent this from happening, it is highly recommended to wear athletic mouth guard when playing contact sports. It is always possible to trip and fall so dentist also suggest the use of mouth guards even for solo athletic activities.
- Broken Jaw – broken jaw is considered a very serious dental emergency. It involves hairline fractures to the healthy bone tissue and cause the patient to feel mild to moderate pain. Severe case of broken jaw lead to major swelling and bruising. This also prevents patients from closing their mouths properly. It is difficult to avoid this type of emergency as this is normally a result of major or unexpected trauma.
There are professionals who are specifically trained for specific areas to be able to provide the required treatment and care, and in the dental emergencies mentioned, the dentists who provide immediate care and attention for patients who need their conditions treated with urgency are called emergency dentists. However, depending on the dental condition, not all dentists can provide aid to all dental problems their patients bring them. There are some cases that may need the expertise of another specialists.
Whatever the case maybe, it is always imperative to know the situations and the kinds of injuries that require emergency dental care. Some oral injuries and problems need really fast and urgent attention while others can wait until the next dental visit during the dentist’s normal business hours.
Our goal is to provide you relief from pain and discomfort the soonest time possible with the best possible care. You can always count on us for an excellent service like no other because we understand your needs. You will be given a treatment that suits your specific needs and condition so you can be assured you will be handled with utmost care. Feel free to schedule an appointment anytime.
Contact Sunny Isles Dental for emergency dental care in sunny isles beach fl . Conveniently located Off Collins Avenue,17100 Collins Ave, Ste. 213 Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160