Discover why they’re considered the “Mr. Right” of tooth replacement options!
Missing a tooth? Missing several? If you’re looking for the best fix for your smile, you should consider dental implants instead of traditional bridges, crowns, or dentures. Implants have become modern dentistry’s go-to technology for replacing teeth in the most permanent, convenient, and natural-looking way possible.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are permanently attached tooth replacements comprised of two parts—a new crown and a tooth root. The titanium tooth roots can anchor single crowns, multi-tooth dental bridges, or even low-profile dentures.
Why should I get dental implants?
First, answer this question: Why are false teeth like stars?
Response: Because they come out at night.
But with dental implants, taking your teeth out at night–or ever—becomes a thing of the past. They are permanent replacement teeth that can last a lifetime.
10 reasons why you should get dental implants
Not convinced? Consider this list!
1. They look a million times better than bridges or dentures.
2. You speak more clearly with implants than with dentures that slip.
3. They are fused to your gum, like permanent teeth—so much more comfortable than dentures!
4. You can eat more easily and with less anxiety because implants will not fall out.
5. Dental implants inspire confidence, because they are the closest thing to real teeth.
6. Your other teeth do not have to be modified in order to accommodate a dental bridge.
7. You can access your existing teeth more easily when you have individual implants, so your oral health will improve.
8. You don’t have to keep replacing them!
9. Many patients say the implant procedure is less painful than a tooth extraction.
10. Caring for implants is easy—exactly as you would with your own teeth… just brush, floss, and get regular checkups!
The procedure: How it’s done at Sunny Isles
Dr. George is highly experienced in the dental implant procedure. Unlike other dentists, he performs every step at Sunny Isles, from start to finish.
- Evaluation, Plan, and Design: We first evaluate the health of your teeth and then come up with an individualized treatment plan to determine what type of implant is best for you. Using state-of-the-art modeling technology, we will design a perfect replacement tooth. Now you’re ready for the procedure.
- Tooth Root Placement: A tooth root implant (a small titanium post) is placed into the bone that held the missing tooth. The jawbone must now heal and bond to the post for about six to 12 weeks.
- Abutment Installation: A small connector (an abutment) is attached to the tooth root implant to securely hold the replacement tooth.
- Provision of your fixed prosthesis: A crown, which is a replacement tooth that Dr. George designs and fabricates in our office, is then attached securely to the abutment.
And voila! You’re done. With new dental implants, you have a hassle-free solution to your missing tooth. Implants are a highly successful treatment that last a lifetime, and trust us, they look great!
If you’re interested in implants or any other cosmetic or functional dentistry procedure, contact Sunny Isles Dental today to make an appointment. Dr. George and our team of professionals will make sure you look and feel fantastic while performing all services in our uniquely comfortable, relaxing environment.